Saturday, January 29, 2011
This weeks surname is MAZE and is on my paternal side of the tree.
1. Alana FARRELL
2. Robert Allan FARRELL (1927 - 1962)
3. Rhona MacDonald MARSHALL (1933 - 2003)
4. Robert FARRELL (1896 - 1965)
5. Helen "Nellie" DEVLIN (1892 - 1980)
8. William Forbes FARRELL (1869 - 1927)
9. Elizabeth Jane MAZE, born 17 Oct. 1870 in Drumoris, Brookeborough, Co. Fermanagh, N. Ireland. Have not found her exact date of death yet, but she was still living in 1944.
18. James MAZE, born about 1835 in Drumoris, Brookborough, Co. Fermanagh, N. Ireland and died 25 Aug. 1878 in Ballyreagh, Brookeborough, Co. Fermanagh, N. Ireland. He is buried in the Aghavea Parish Church Cemetery in Brookeborough. He married Catherine Fair in 1868 in Drumoris.
19. Catherine FAIR, born about 1843 in Co. Fermanagh, N. Ireland and died 14 July, 1916 in Ballyreagh, Brookeborough, Co. Fermanagh, N. Ireland. She is buried in the Aghavea Parish Church Cemetery in Brookeborough.
36. James MAZE
Unfortunately, this is as far as I have gotten on the MAZE family. If there are any Maze cousins out there, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Rhona MacDonald Marshall
Taken about 1934
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
To the memory of
Annie Constance Pelly
Who died 2 May 1862
Aged 1 year
and 8 months
She Sleeps In Jesus
Little Annie is buried in the churchyard at St. Stephen's Anglican Church in Lachine, Quebec, Canada.
St. Stephen's is a beautiful small church and is the oldest Anglican church on the Island of Montreal. Quite a few of the older gravemarkers are flat on the ground, like Annie's. They are starting to sink into the earth and many already have new grass or moss starting to cover them. It's a shame that the caretaker of the church can't try to keep them clear.
Sunday, January 23, 2011
I have been out of the blogging scene for a few months due to other priorities. Although I haven’t been blogging, I did still manage to get some research done – just not as much as I had hoped. I hope to change this in the coming year.
I’m not one to make New Year’s resolutions as I never seem to keep them. What I want to do this year is set myself some goals.
1) Last year I wanted to complete the Saskatchewan Pioneer Certificate. It is a Certificate of Recognition that is given to descendants of original and/or early pioneers in the districts and territories that make up present day Saskatchewan. I got as far as printing out the application and filing out a draft to see what I was missing. Turns out I’m still missing quite a bit of information. I plan to continue with this project so that, hopefully, by the end of this year I will be able to send in the application.
2) Work on entering my sources in my database. I had started to do this in Legacy Family Tree but then I switched to Roots Magic. When copying the GEDCOM file, the sources that I had entered didn’t copy properly. Fortunately I hadn’t done that many so it’s not too big of a deal. I’m hoping to get at least 1/2 of my sources entered (I have a lot!)
3) Write mini “Bios” of my ancestors, including relevant documentation. I want to try to write at least one a week.
4) Write a Monthly Progress Report.
5) Post at least twice a week on this blog.
6) Sort and scan my mother’s old pictures, as well as those that belonged to my step-father.
Hopefully this list will be achievable – time will tell. Wish me luck.
Saturday, January 22, 2011
This week’s surname is DEVLIN, my Paternal grandmother's paternal line.
1. Me (Alana Farrell)
2. Robert Allan FARRELL (1927-1962)
3. Rhona MacDonald MARSHALL (1933-2003)
4. Robert FARRELL was born 15 Dec 1896 in Ballyreagh, Brookeborough, Co. Fermanagh, Northern Ireland; he married Helen DEVLIN abt 1921 in Govan, Saskatchewan, Canada; died 27 Mar 1965 in Balcarres, Saskatchewan, Canada.
5. Helen DEVLIN (known throughout her life as Nellie) was born 2 Apr 1892 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland and died 22 May 1980 in Balcarres, Saskatchewan, Canada and is buried in Regina Memorial Gardens in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada.
10. Peter DEVLIN was born 18 Mar 1864 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland; he married Janet Anderson on 9 Dec 1887 in Gilmilnscroft Colliery, Sorn, Ayrshire, Scotland; died 24 Nov 1924 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland.
11. Janet ANDERSON was born 10 Mar 1867 in Hulford, District of Riccarton, Ayrshire, Scotland; died 25 Jan 1939 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland.
Peter Devlin and Janet Anderson had the following children:
Jane DEVLIN (b. 18 Nov 1887 – d. 15 Nov 1969)
Arthur DEVLIN (b. 29 Jan 1889 – d. 14 Nov 1954)
Annie DEVLIN (b. 28 Nov 1890 – d. ?)
* Helen DEVLIN (b. 2 Apr 1892 – d. May 1980)
Catherine DEVLIN (b. 6 Feb 1894 – d. ?)
Margaret DEVLIN (b. 3 Oct 1895 – d. 1945)
Alexander DEVLIN (b. 20 Jul 1897 – d. 1962)
Mary Findley DEVLIN (b. 30 Nov 1901 – d. ?)
20. Arthur DEVLIN was born about 1840 in New Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland. He died on 2 Sep 1902 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland. Married Ann Audrey ANDREW on 12 Nov 1858 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland.
21. Ann Audrey ANDREW was born on 28 Feb 1829 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland. She died on 23 Oct 1902.
Arthur DEVLIN and Ann Audrey ANDREW had the following children:
Catherine Dow DEVLIN (b. about 1859 – d. ?)
William Andrew DEVLIN (b. about 1860 – d. ?)
Jessie DEVLIN (b. 1861 – d. ?)
* Peter DEVLIN (b. 18 Mar 1864 – d. 24 Nov 1924).
Ann DEVLIN (b. about 1866 – d. ?)
Agnes DEVLIN (b. about 1869 – d. ?)
40. Peter DEVLIN was born about 1801 in Scotland. He died before 1851 in Auchinleck, Ayrshire, Scotland. Peter married Catherine Dow McConnell
41. Catherine Dow MCCONNELL was born about 1803 in Kirkcudbrightshire, Scotland. She died on 13 Dec 1880.
Peter DEVLIN and Catherine Dow MCCONNELL had the following children:
Agnes DEVLIN (b. about 1825 – d. 26 Mar 1902)
James DEVLIN (b. about 1827 – d. ?)
Peter DEVLIN (b. about 1830 – d. ?)
Charles DEVLIN (b. 11 Dec 1832 - d. ?)
William Bryan DEVLIN (b. about 1835 – d. 23 Jul 1886).
Henry DEVLIN (b. about 1839 - d. ?)
* Arthur DEVLIN (b. about 1840 – d. 2 Sep 1902)
John DEVLIN (b. about 1843 – d. ?)
Edward DEVLIN (b. about 1846 – d. ?)
If you think we may be related, please contact me either at alana dot farrell at sympatico dot ca or by using the "contact" button.