Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Wordless Wednesday - Orphan Photos (#1)


In going through a box load of pictures that belonged to my mother, I've come across a lot of pictures of people I don't know. I believe that they might be friends and/or family of my step-father, Douglas Sinclair Kay. I'm going to start posting these on Wordless Wednesday in the hopes that someone might come across them and be able to identify them.

The man in this picture is my step-father but I have no idea who the lady and children are. He looks to be between the ages of 18 - 21 yrs old (a good 15 yrs before he married my mother), which would put the timeframe between 1945 - 1948. He lived in St. Lambert, Quebec, Canada at this time but I'm not sure if that is where this picture was taken.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful thing to do, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame. Hope you can find out some names soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you luck finding out who the unknowns are.
    ~Regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my. Best wishes on finding some answers. Thanks for posting... great thing to do.

    Bill ;-)

    http://drbilltellsancestorstories.blogspot.com/
    Author of "13 Ways to Tell Your Ancestor Stories"

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a very noble thing to do dear. I am sure you will be able to connect people and memories with what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It might help to include some details such as a a possible location - where your step father resided etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. TCasteel, thanks for your suggestion - I never even thought to do that. I will update/revise this post and keep this in mind for future ones.

    ReplyDelete