Each Saturday I will be posting one of my surnames. I will be starting with the 4 main lines – my paternal line of Farrell and Devlin and my maternal line of Marshall and Burnett, after which I will post most likely in alphabetical order using the Ahnentafel numbering system.
This week’s surname is Burnett, my maternal grandmother's paternal line.
1. Me (Alana Farrell)
2. Robert Allan Farrell (1927-1962)
3. Rhona MacDonald Marshall (1933-2003)
6. Robert Burn Marshall (1872-1935)
7. Eliza Hamilton Burnett (see information on Eliza and her children here)
14. John Burnett, born 29 July 1863 in Fettercairn, Kincardineshire, Scotland and died 2 March 1923 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. John was the son of John Burnett and Elizabeth Smith. He married Helen Leighton Marshall on 24 Apr. 1885 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland.
15. Helen Leighton Marshall, born 11 Feb. 1863 in Kirrimuir, Angus, Scotland and died 19 Jan. 1929 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. Helen was the daughter of Robert Marshall (abt. 1819-1891) and Ann Kynoch (1820-1885).
The children of John Burnett and Helen Leighton Marshall were:
Isabella Balfour Drever Burnett (1886-1911)
Charles Cowan Burnett (1888-??)
John Marshall Burnett (1889-??)
Margaret Arbuthnott Burnett (1891-??)
James Alexander Burnett (1896-??)
Eliza Hamilton Burnett (1897-1943)
28. John Burnett, b. 1 Mar. 1838 in Fettercairn, Kincardineshire, Scotland. John was the son of Alexander Burnett and Margaret Crabb. He married Elizabeth Smith on the 28 May 1859 in Glenbervie, Kincardineshire, Scotland.
29. Elizabeth Smith, b. abt 1836 in Glenbervie, Kincardineshire, Scotland. Elizabeth was the daughter of Charles Smith and Helen Longmuir.
The known children of John Burnett and Elizabeth Smith are:
Alexander Burnet (1859 - ?)
Charles Burnett (1861 - ?)
John Burnett (1863-1923)
James Burnett (1870 - ?)
56. Alexander Burnett (no further information known at this time)
57. Margaret Crabb(no further information known at this time)
If you think we may be related, please contact me either at alana dot farrell at sympatico dot ca or by using the "contact" button.