Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter Games - Final Progress Report

Well, the games are over and it is time for the final results. Unfortunately, work priorities took a precedence this past week so I didn’t get as much done as I hoped; however, considering these were my first Geneablogger Games, I’m quite pleased with the end results.

Here is my final progress report for the categories I participated in:

1. Go Back and Cite Your Sources!

Cited 21 sources in my database. Did not achieve the Gold that I was aiming for, but it has gotten me started.

Results: 1 Bronze Medal, 1 Silver Medal

2. Back Up Your Data!

Totally wiped out in this field!

Results: Zippo!

3. Organize Your Research!

Task E – Completed 21 data entries in my database. Was aiming for a Diamond and ended up with a Bronze.

Results: 1 Bronze Medal

4. Expand Your Knowledge!

I did fairly well in this category.

Task A - Used Google Maps to map out my great grandfather’s ancestral location.
Task B - Created a timeline for my great grandfather.
Task E - Created a surname visualization.

Results: 1 Bronze Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 1 Gold Medal

5. Write, Write, Write!

Task C – Prepared two posts in draft mode and pre-published them (and it actually worked!).
Task D – Wrote a biographical sketch of my maternal grandfather.
Task E - Created two pages on my blog, one listing the surnames I’m researching and one showing awards that I have been given.
Task F - Participated in a 52 Weeks to Better Genealogy Challenge #7.

Results: 1 Bronze Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 1 Gold Medal, 1 Diamond Medal

6. Reach Out & Perform Genealogical Acts of Kindness!

Task A – Commented on several new (to me) genealogy blogs.
Task G – Used the Follow feature on a Blogger-based genealogy blog.

Results: 1 Bronze Medal, 1 Silver Medal

Total medals earned for these games:

5 Bronze
4 Silver
2 Gold
1 Diamond

No comments:

Post a Comment