Saturday, February 13, 2010

Creating a Surname Cloud

Using Word It Out, I entered most of the surnames that I am researching and created a Surname Cloud. I initially wanted to try Wordle, but couldn't get it to work because I apparently don't have JAVA on my computer.

Not having JAVA caused a little bit of a problem trying to embed the cloud as html, however I was able to do a screen shot and copy it to the paint program and then, after fixing it up a bit, saved it as a jpeg.

This is the end result. Not too bad in my opinion.

2 comments:

  1. I like it. The colors go well with your blog. Why don't you put it on your dashboard?

    I have awarded you a 101 Sweet Award come by and pick it up at
    http://joyoustomorrows.blogspot.com/2010/02/this-is-some-fun-and-happy-valentines.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hummer. I'm planning on reorganizing the blog and will probably put the surname cloud on my side bar.

    Thanks for the award. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete